This simple yet delicious whipped cod’s roe recipe is a great option for spring time dinner parties and date nights. Whether you are looking to impress someone special or claim the best chef award with friends, this recipe is sure to tick both boxes!
- 250g smoked cods roe skinned (soaked in cold water for 2 hours)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 150ml of olive oil
- 150ml of rapeseed oil
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 pack of parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 55ml hot water
- 1 slice of stale white bread soaked in milk
You’ll also need a blender for this recipe, once you’ve got everything you need you can get cooking.
- Peel the skin off of the cod’s roe and break the cod’s roe into smaller chunks.
- Add the cod’s roe to a blender with lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, and soaked white bread.
- Blend until smooth
- Mix together the rapeseed oil and olive oil
- Slowly add the blend of olive oil and rapeseed oil to the blended cod’s roe mix until it is fully incorporated
- Chop up your parsley and fold this through the mixture by hand
- Season to taste and enjoy!
We like to serve this recipe with sourdough crackers and nasturtiums, but this is also great with a simple side salad and crackers. The choice is yours! Keep your eye out for more recipes and if you give the recipe a try be sure to share a photo with us on Instagram or Facebook.
If you’d prefer to taste this dish amongst others in our restaurants rather than whipping them up in the kitchen then book a table at our restaurant in Suffolk.